HDR, Associate Professor
University of Caen
GREYC - CNRS UMR 6072
Image Team - ENSICAEN
6, Bd du Maréchal Juin
14050 Caen Cedex, France
Tél : +33 (0)2 31 45 54 55
Tél : +33 (0)2 31 56 73 97
Youssef Chahir obtained his PhD in Computer Science from ECL (École Centrale de Lyon) in 2000, and his research topic was in the field of visual content indexing.
He is assistant professor / HDR at the French University of Caen Normandie (Computer Science Department) member of GREYC-UMR6072 Research Lab (affiliated with Normandie Univ, UNICAEN, ENSICAEN, CNRS)
He is a computer science researcher with a particular focus on activity recognition in image sequences and expertise in pattern recognition.
His current research interests include computer vision, medical imaging, and biometrics.
- Since 2022, Head of the "Algorithmics and Data Structures" major in the Computer Science Master's program, UCN.
- 2012 - 2016: Head of the M2 IMALANG "Automatic Processing of Images and Language" M2 program.
- 2010 - 2012: Head of the research M2 LID program "Language, Image, and Document".
- 2002 - 2008: Head of the "Images" Option in the DESS RADIS (Professional Master's degree) : Networks, Documentary Applications, and Images.
- 2012 : Authorization to Supervise Research (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches), University of Caen
Title: Contributions to Characterization & Structuring of Images and Video Sequences
Specialty: Computer Science and Applications
- 2000 : PhD at École Centrale de Lyon.
Title: Indexing and Content-based Retrieval of Visual Information
Specialty: Computer Science
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at École Centrale de Lyon.